Friday, July 8, 2011

5 Ways to Drive Your Man Crazy!

It seems like a simple concept and it is. I'm probably gearing this more towards mom's getting sexy with their man because these are based on my own life experiences.

Some time along the way when you meet your mate and have children it seems some things get put on the back burner. Life gets busy, your focus is on figuring out how to raise these little creatures. You're tired, grumpy, not feeling life your former sexy self and an endless number of other things.

For women I think they're adjusting to the new demands of parenthood and sometimes guys get lost in the initial phase and in the back of your mind you think "It's busy now but things will slow down soon."

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, and months turn into years. It's easy to forget what brought you together in the first place and all the love and affection seems to get misplaced.

I've found if it's important to you, you need to make it a priority. Just like I make sure I make time to run to clear my mind, I make sure I make time for my man.

Even though we have 3 kids age 7 and younger doesn't mean life is too busy to forget each other. Here are some of the things I do to drive my man crazy!

#1 Sexy Texts and/or Photos

Back when Jason ran his first 100 miler I wasn't able to go. In hindsight, I wish I had tried a little harder to find someone to watch the kids while I went on this experience with him. At the time, I was unknowingly dealing with thyroid issues that went undiagnosed and caused many health issues. To say the least, I wasn't thinking clearly.

Since I wasn't able to make it to the race with him, I wanted to send my support and help motivate him in whatever way I could. That way came in the form of a sexy photo I texted to him at a point in the race I thought it might help.

He was around mile 50 and I knew he was carrying his phone with him. But after a little while, I didn't hear back from him. I thought he would give me the thumbs up but figured he was doing his race thing.

Not long after that text, DNF'd. I asked him about the picture and it turns out he didn't get it. It was back when texting photos was fairly new and there was a multimedia error in which he had to download appropriate software. He received the photo at home so it was not wasted. Now you all know my secret to motivating Jason during his long races!

#2 Show Him Some Skin!

If texting a sexy photo isn't your thing try something just as effective but you don't have to worry about it being discovered! Flash your man! I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin and being naked is second nature but if it isn't yours I say give it a try.

Men are very simple creatures and I mean that in the most flattering sense. We women try to make them more complex than they are and attach all kinds of different meanings to what we think they might be saying but the reality is most men are "what you see is what you get". If they tell you that you look great, they think you look great! Take the damn compliment!

The reality is, most men dig naked chicks. We worry that our thighs are too fat or he might look at our stretch marks but most guys are just happy to be looking at a naked chick and the last thing on their mind is "I think I see a spider vein on her leg". You don't need to look perfect, confidence goes a long way!

#3 Date Nights!

I know as mom's we worry that we aren't there for our kids or are leaving them, but in reality kids are fine. I can remember vividly as a kid having a babysitter and it was the most thrilling experience. I got to talk with someone who was older and cooler. I would ask them about how to apply make up and other girly things. Most times I scored extra treats and got to stay up later than usual. Babysitters for kids can be exciting.

If grandma or grandpa are free that's even better! Everyone knows it's their job to spoil the kids and load them up on candy and as a grand kid you revel in that. Yeah sure, you pay the price the next day but the time away is well worth it!

#4 Compliments!

Don't forget to compliment your man! We ladies love the compliments but sometimes forget that guys like them too. Everyone likes to hear they look sexy or likes a pat on the ass.

#5 Do Something for Them

I can tell you after having kids and the added stress they put on a relationship I appreciate even more the little things that Jason does. He unloads the dishwasher (which I hate!), he cleans up the toxins from our children (vomit makes me want to vomit!) and he makes coffee every morning. I love and appreciate these things and I will say it's a good form of foreplay for me.

That being said, it's not his idea of foreplay. I know what he likes and try to make it a point to do please him. Whether it's being the initiator, making out or something else (have to leave something up to your imagination!) I want him to know I appreciate all he does for me and in the end, I'm really winning too! ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Great post.
    Have you thought of writing a book?
    And I do so agree that men are simple creatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see that Jason is as uncomplicated as my non-running husband! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for loving our husbands!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! yes they are easy to please with a little flashing and complimenting :) It gets better with time too. I find my man mountain to be even sexier now than ever! (he loves that I refer to him as my man mountain :)

    I am so very happy that you and Jason have each other. Its refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree, great post (Jason told us about it and endorsed it of course). :)

    HIGHLY recommend the book 5 Love Languages. It's a quick, easy read or available as an Audio Book if you're not a reader. Read it together or at least discuss it together so you know exactly what your mate's primary and secondary love languages are. You may think you're speaking his/her language and it's falling on "deaf ears" because it's not really their language at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, you could always just cook him dinner: http://www.slate.com/id/2294849/

    This is honestly the BEST chicken recipe I've ever tried!

    And I so agree about men being simple. I so like that about them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM.... Me Man..... Good Post.... Me Read More....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for writing this. You seem so calm and understanding. Relationships are complicated (in wonderful ways) and adding kids to the mix can have us lose focus on our lovers. This is a gentle and kind reminder. I've shared it with my wife and am thinking that it would be a good idea for me to try to write one from the male perspective about five easy things to do that make our wives happy.

    You're a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a man I can say, yes it is true......sigh.....we are simple and you are right on with your 5 points. Nice detective work Sherlock

    ReplyDelete